Minutes, and monthly and annual reports of the Williamsburg Civic League, 1907-1936. The League was founded as the Village Improvement Society, later the Educational & Civic Association, then the Women's Club.
Collection is open to all researchers. Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from the Manuscripts and Rare Books Librarian, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
See the Anne T. Chapman Papers, Mss 65 C37, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, College of William and Mary.
See Megan Elaine Schneider, "The distaff side: the Williamsburg Civic League, 1907-1937," MA Thesis, College of William and Mary, 1991.
Williamsburg Civic League Papers, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, College of William and Mary.
Collection Material Type:
A PDF document of this inventory is available online.