Records of the Colonial Capitol Branch of the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities(APVA), Williamsburg, Va. Includes correspondence, financial and legal documents, minutes and photographs.
The long run of minutes, 1900-1976, document the development and work of this preservation group which took an interest in the historical sites of Jamestown and Williamsburg, Va. There is material relating to the Branch's work to preserve and restore the Capitol grounds, the Gaol, the Powder Magazine and Bruton Parish Church. Records show not only the internal workings of the Colonial Capitol Branch but also the organizational structure of the APVA as a whole. Includes photographs, 1900-1910, of Jamestown Island.
Additions to the collection include records, 1891-1936, including yearbooks, 1896, 1908-1910 and 1919 and a biographical sketch of Cynthia Beverley Tucker Coleman.