Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
Note: Even though permission was given to publish and copy this manuscript, check to see if the original manuscript has been given to another library or research center.
Original manuscript was lent to Special Collection in 1922 by Mary Graham Howison, with permission to publish, and returned to her in 1978. Before returning the manuscript, she gave permission for a copy to be made.
The original manuscript was deposited with The College of William and Mary by Mary Graham Howison in 1922 when she graduated from William and Mary. She gave William and Mary permission to publish parts of it at any time. Chapter 2 and Chapter 6 did appear in the William and Mary Quarterly. In 1978, she requested the original document, giving William and Mary permission to “xerox the manuscript.”