John Lesslie Hall was a member of the faculty of the College of William and Mary from 1888 to 1928. He was born in Richmond, Va., 2 March 1856. He attended Randolph-Macon College. Taught school. Married Margaret Fenwick. Among other volumes, he published a translation of Beowulf and co-authored an Anglo-Saxon grammar. Hall died in 1928. Further information about this individual or organization may be available in the Special Collections Research Center Wiki: http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/wiki/index.php/J. Lesslie Hall (John Lesslie).