William & Mary | Earl Gregg Swem Library Special Collections Database

Search

Ivy House Restaurant (Williamsburg, VA) (1948-1973)

Name
Ivy House Restaurant (Williamsburg, VA) (1948-1973)
Historical Note
The Ivy House was opened in 1948 by David and Emily Rutledge, alumni of the College of William and Mary. Though the restaurant originally served three meals a day, it quickly became a breakfast only restaurant with the success of the Rutledge's "astronomical" pancakes. Further information about this individual or organization may be available in the Special Collections Research Center Wiki: http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/wiki/index.php/The Ivy House Restaurant (Williamsburg, VA). Further information about this individual or organization may be available in the Special Collections Research Center Wiki: http://scdb.swem.wm.edu/wiki/index.php/Ivy House Restaurant (Williamsburg, VA).
Note Author
Jordan Ecker

By this creator

Records or Manuscript Collections
Ivy House Restaurant Records, 1906-1985