The Fund for William and Mary, then known as the Alumni Fund, was established in 1950 by the Society of the Alumni, now the Alumni Association, and administered by the Society for 24 years. In 1974, the College’s Development Office assumed responsibility for the operation in an effort to reduce duplication of solicitations, maximize income while lowering costs and allow the Society to devote its full resources and energies to strengthening the ties between the College and its alumni. Additional information is available at http://www.wm.edu/fundwm/. Further information about this individual or organization may be available in the Special Collections Research Center Wiki: http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/wiki/index.php/Fund for William and Mary.
http://www.wm.edu/fundwm/history/history.php, accessed 28 April 2008.