Frances G. Hoppin was a volunteer who opened the Red Cross Grenelle Dispensary in Paris, France in 1917 with the support of the American Red Cross and Pastor and Mrs. Gallienne.
The Grenelle Dispensary was located at 17 Rue de 1'Avere, in the 15th Arrondissement. Quarters were offered the Children's Bureau by the McCall Mission, a social settlement which had been conducted for some years by a group of American women. The American Red Cross took over the parsonage, reequipped it as a dispensary and on December 1 received the first patients.
History of American Red Cross Nursing, Part 1, by American National Red Cross. Nursing Service, Lavinia L. Dock, Sarah Elizabeth Pickett, Clara Dutton.