The Grenelle Dispensary was located at 17 Rue de 1'Avere, in the 15th Arrondissement in Paris, France. Quarters were offered the Children's Bureau by the McCall Mission, a social settlement which had been conducted for some years by a group of American women. The American Red Cross took over the parsonage, reequipped it as a dispensary and on December 1 received the first patients.
The mission was to help "beggars and women on small salaries" who were "too poor to seek help from specialists and too proud to go to the free consultations" as noted in a May 14, 1918 letter from Pastor Gallienne, the doctor in charge of the Foyer de Grenelle and the Naval Chaplain at Bizerte. Further information about this individual or organization may be available in the Special Collections Research Center Wiki: http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/wiki/index.php/Grenelle Dispensary (Paris, France).
History of American Red Cross Nursing, Part 1, by American National Red Cross. Nursing Service, Lavinia L. Dock, Sarah Elizabeth Pickett, Clara Dutton and Francis G. Hoppin Papers.