Delta Phi men's social fraternity was founded at Union College, Schenectady, New York on November 18, 1827. The Omega Alpha Chapter located at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia was chartered in 1987. Over 150 members have been initiated into this chapter since it was established. In recent years the fraternity has won numerous awards including William and Mary's Most Outstanding Chapter in 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004 and 2006; and awards for Excellence in Scholarship, Service, Member Recruitment, Member Education and Risk Management. Brothers have also been individually recognized as"Outstanding New Member" and "Outstanding Greek Man." Delta Phi is located at 197 Armistead Avenue, next to Sorority Court. The house is owned by the College and and was designated as Delta Phi's chapter house in the spring of 1994. In accordance with national tradition, the fraternity house is named St. Elmo's, after the patron saint of the fraternity.
Additional Informatiomn about the Chapter is available at http//www.wm.edu/so/deltaphi/. Further information about this individual or organization may be available in the Special Collections Research Center Wiki: http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/wiki/index.php/Delta Phi. Omega Alpha Chapter.
http://www.wm.edu/so/deltaphi/, accessed 26 June 2007; collection.