The Norfolk Division of the College of William and Mary was established in 1930. Its name was changed in 1960 to Norfolk College of William and Mary. The institution became independent from the College of William and Mary in 1962 and the name was changed at that time to Old Dominion College. In 1969 the institution's name was changed to the current Old Dominion University. Further information about this individual or organization may be available in the Special Collections Research Center Wiki: http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/wiki/index.php/Norfolk College of William and Mary.